CANSEARCH is a charitable foundation founded in 2011 with the support of several foundations, one of which is very highly regarded in Geneva.
Results already achieved
Research often takes many years before collecting tangible results and is clinically exploitable.
Since its inception, the main scientific achievements of CANSEARCH are:
- The appointment of Dr. Ansari as Professor at the Medical Faculty of the University of Geneva in September 2015
- The development of three major areas of pediatric research such as:
- individualized therapies in childhood cancer (pharmacogenomics), adaptation of chemotherapeutic treatments in real time, “bed to bench & bench to bed” by modeling specific genetic characteristics and algorithmages)
- research on neuroblastoma (cancer genetics)
- research on liver tumors in children.
- Obtaining Swiss National grant in March 2014 for research on individualized therapies in pediatric oncology (international pharmacogenomics busulfan).
- The commitment of 10 researchers from various origins and training backgrounds in Geneva since 2011. ” Pooling” of professional researchers in one place for greater efficiency.
- The creation of more than 20 research projects in Switzerland and abroad the most important are, to date:
- the finalization of an international scientific research of the European Society for Blood and Marrow Transplantation (EBMT), whose principal investigator is Prof. Ansari allowing more than 250 children benefit from a protocol individualized therapy in childhood cancer,
- the launch of an international study (EBMT and IBFM) in late 2014 (for a period of 6 years), directed and initiated in the laboratory including over 800 patients from 20 countries for the individualization of treatment against leukemia with stem cell transplantation.
These studies will allow the creation in Geneva of a Worldwide biological database of children with leukemia who received a transplant of hematopoietic stem cells.
Researchers also participated in numerous national and international conferences.
In 2014, Professor Ansari was appointed to the executive council of the European Society of Pharmacogenomics and Personalized Therapy (PTSD) and the European Society for Blood and Marrow Transplantation (EBMT) .
Also in 2014, the laboratory was recognized as a European research group affiliated with PTSD and has since organized clinical studies of EBMT.
The year 2016 saw on a national level, the creation of the pharmacogenomics and individualized therapy (SPT) company.